PhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucket

Pages

Jan 22, 2011

Two Days Until Lifestyle Change

I am not saying that I am about to start a diet!  I am beginning a lifestyle change as that is what I need to do, I need to change my lifestyle to become healthier.

I have to be honest,  I weighted myself this morning, something that I haven't done in a long time and I was not going to do it until Monday morning, when I was going to weigh in and do all of my measurements.  But I couldn't resist, I thought I would just hop on those scales this morning.  Well what I saw to start with was fine, I couldn't believe it, I was about 10kgs (22 pounds) lighter than about 6 months ago.  I wondered how that was as my clothes were tighter, in fact I had to go up a clothing size since we went to Disney World and New York on vacation in September 2010 and the bigger clothes are now tight too!  I actually lost weight on that vacation from all of the walking, but I knew I had put it all back on and more since September, so to be 10kgs lighter, had to be wrong!  So I hopped on the scales again and there it was, worse than I had expected.  I was shocked, completely shocked, in fact I was depressed.  I couldn't believe I have let myself get to this state, when Dr's have told me that I have to lose weight.  I was 84kgs (185 pounds)!!!!!  Here I thought I was 75 to 80kgs (165 to 176), worse case scenario and I am 84kgs (185 pounds).  This is so much worse than I thought.  Who have I been kidding all of these months!  Thinking that I wasn't that big, or fat and that's what I am, I'm fat and I am grossly overweight!

So after my shock this morning I went out for breakfast with friends.  We always go out for breakfast on Saturday and Sunday mornings.  Saturday with friends and Sunday with family.  I had my usual this morning, an omelette with a little bacon, spinach, shallots, mushrooms and feta.  I also had some sour dough toast and hash browns.  I never eat all of the hash browns, my son (who is what I call a toothpick, as he is a perfect weight for his age and height, LOL) and I never eat the whole omelette, but I do eat the toast, yum, with lashings of butter and vegemite.   We also never have lunch after this breakfast as we have it late, so it's more like brunch than breakfast.  Here is a photo of my meal this morning



After Breakfast we went out to a fitness store for me to look at recumbent bikes and elliptical cross trainers.  I am going to get one and sit it in my living room (as ugly as that may look) and every night when I sit down in front of the TV, I will get on that machine for an hour or  I may do it early in the morning or both.  I mean lets face it,  I do have a lot of weight to lose.  Now to decide which machine to get.  I will do some research on google today and go back in the morning and get the machine, have it delivered on Monday ready for Monday night, my first day of my journey to become healthy.

Thanks for sharing my journey...

Monnie xx

4 comments:

  1. Hi! New follower here :) You can do it!! I've been there. It's hard, but you are going to feel SO much better once you get on track. That toast looks delicious!

    Brea

    http://www.becomingbrea.com
    http://www.breagettinfit.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good luck!!! I'm trying to get back into working out myself. You can do it!!


    Heather From and Mommy Only Has Two Hands! and Lynhea Designs

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good luck on your journey!
    New follower from Bloggy Moms! I'm following you - please follow back when you get a chance!
    www.texastypeamom.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congrats on making this desicion to learm to live a healthy life style! I have been on this path for about 7 months now and have lost about 25 pounds with about another 20-25 more to go before I am at a healthy level. I also have high blood pressure like you and it can be hard at times so, just take it one day and one pound at a time. Take baby steps to start off, don't rush yourself into it, or you will be more likely to fail. Have a great day!!

    http://simplyfittingintolifeandmyoldjeans.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete

 
Blog Design by Mommy Monologues