PhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucket

Pages

Apr 21, 2011

Easter Is Here

Well the Easter long weekend has begun and I know already that this is going to be a tough one when it comes to sticking to a diet.  In Australia we have a 5 day long weekend, from Friday to Tuesday.  We have a day called ANZAC day, which is on Monday (Easter Monday).

ANZAC day is a day of remembrance in both Australia and New Zealand (Australia and New Zealand Army Corps is what ANZAC stands for).  Remembering all of the Aussies and Kiwis who fought in Gallipoli in Turkey during World War 1 where so many lost their lives.

So ANZAC day falls on Easter Monday.  So Easter Monday is being moved to Tuesday (can't work out how they move a Monday to a Tuesday, but it's done so I just have to deal with my confusion, LOL).  So we have a holiday tomorrow for Good Friday, Saturday and Sunday being Easter, Monday a holiday for ANZAC day and holiday on Tuesday for Easter Monday.  A 5 day long weekend, where shops are closed, no work is done, it is all about spending time with family and friends.... Eating.... Entertaining!

So Easter.... Chocolate, chocolate eggs, chocolate bunnies, Lindt Bunnies, Lindt Eggs, Lindt Chocolate Carrots, Cadbury, caramel filled eggs, creme eggs the list goes on.  Easter is torture for a chocoholic dieter!







Hot Cross Buns and now to top it off, the bakeries are now making chocolate hot cross buns.



So good luck all other dieters over this holiday period.  It's going to be a tough one that's for sure!

Easter Bunny.  My son always leaves a few eggs out for Easter Bunny!  I know I know, I don't have to eat them, but I don't feel right about throwing them out.  Maybe this year I will hide the eggs that he gives to the Easter Bunny.  Such a difficult holiday this Easter!

Thanks for sharing my journey....

2 comments:

  1. Follow your blog, Please follow my blog, http://momsfocusonline.com/time-to-follow-blog-hop-for-july.html to return the favor

    please follow my facebook page, http://www.facebook.com/pages/Moms-Focus-on-Cyber-World/143647461954

    Came to know you from Bloggy Mom

    Happy Easter!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for following Rajee, I am heading over to your blog now :)

    Monnie

    ReplyDelete

 
Blog Design by Mommy Monologues