PhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucket

Pages

Sep 10, 2011

Day 1 of FTC

Today is the first day of the Fenix Transformation Challenge (FTC).

I had a setback with the trainer yesterday for my first session at the gym.  When I got there and filled in the forms, as I have high blood pressure and also had the torn artery, she needs a letter from my Dr before going up my exercise plan.  So rather than training yesterday, which I was hoping was my first day at the gym, we spent the 45 minutes chatting about the transformation challenge, doing my weight and also my measurements.

I was absolutely mortified to see that my weight was now 88.7kgs (195 pounds).  I was only 90kgs (198 pounds) when I gave birth to my son.  How on earth did I get this big!  Anyway I will not be this big for long, I can't wait to reveal my results in 12 weeks time.  I don't have my measurements as she didn't give those to me and there were so many, I just can't remember.  My next session at the Gym is Monday, so I will ask her for those then so I can share them here.

When I hopped on the scales I did let out a little swear word as I did truly get a shock.  She did say  "well you do have your shoes on, they add weight, about 700grams (1.5pounds).  I said "oh come on, LOL.  That means I still weigh 88kgs (194 pounds), that's still disgusting).  Anyway I am so embarrassed, I will not be revealing my initial weight to anyone.

I have just had a thought though.  When I win this challenge and win the $5000, my weight will be revealed, my starting weight will be revealed!  I am hoping that won't bother me as much once I am 28.7kgs lighter.  My initial goal was 20kgs, but now seeing that I am 8.7kgs heavier than I thought, I am now having to set a new goal.  I don't know that I will get the whole 28.7kgs off in 12 weeks, people do lose 20 to 30 kgs so it is possible.  I will see how I go.

Anyway this morning is my first day.  As I am not able to train at the gym until I receive clearance from my Dr (which I will get, Monday), I am off for a walk today.  Have to get moving and start my meal plan.  My first meal this morning was a protein shake.  Then I am off for my walk and they out for breakfast with friends, I will be armed with what I can and can not eat, so I don't break the program on the first day.

Will update tonight with more details on my eating plan.


1 comment:

  1. I'll be interested to follow this. I desperately need to do something similar myself but I don't have the funds or reliabilitty for gym appointments at the moment, might have to search out an at home version. Go hard, you can do it!

    ReplyDelete

 
Blog Design by Mommy Monologues