PhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucket

Pages

Sep 14, 2011

FTC So Far

Today is day 5 of my Fenix Transformation Challenge.

I am going to head off to the gym shortly for a cardio session.  Just the bike, treadmill and elliptical (which I hate, LOL).  I did more of a light weights session with my personal trainer yesterday and I have to say I am in agony today, LOL.  My arms are sore and oh my legs... they are sore with every step!  My legs were like jelly for hours after the workout yesterday.  But I am really enjoying it.  The only annoying thing is that I have to take it easy and work up to more intensive workouts thanks to my high blood pressure and the vertebral artery dissection that I suffered from last year.  So I feel as if I could do more, but am restricted to not getting my heart rate over 145.

Now the diet.  I am still trying to get my head around that and get it all perfect but I'm doing pretty well I think.  The diet is based on Metabolic Precision  and from what I have read so far, you ultimately want to eat six times a day.  With three of those meals being protein shakes.  You have to have protein at certain times and carbs at certain times, around exercise, which I have been sticking to well.  I have the guide printed up on my fridge to keep as a guide and I haven't been hungry once.  In actual fact I am eating a lot more than I usually eat!  I think my metabolism has slowed down to almost nothing or is it possible to actually have a negative metabolism, LOL.  If it is I think that's what I have.  The exciting thing is... is that I can still have my dark chocolate!  I love dark chocolate and I think if I had to remove all of my very favourite things from my diet it would be harder to stick to, but having the chocolate makes it all fine and easy to stick too.  Now when I say have dark chocolate, I'm sure they don't mean have a block or two a day.  I have good quality organic dark chocolate and will have just one row or two a day.   So with Metabolic Precision it's all about building up your muscles to increase your metabolism and burn more fat while in the end once your muscles have built up it will increase your metabolism enough so that you don't have to exercise 7 days a week to maintain, from what I can gather so far.

So I hopped on the scales today to just have a sneak peak to see if I was losing anything.  After all it's not a week yet, its the beginning of my 5th day and I have lost just over 1kg (2.2 pounds),  so that is exciting and encouraging!

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Blog Design by Mommy Monologues