PhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucket

Pages

Sep 18, 2011

Protein Shakes

Day 9 of my challenge has started with my usual protein shake with frozen organic blueberries and strawberries, some Acai powder and some cacao powder.  Yum.   I have this three times a day as per my eating plan and it really is delicious.

I was worried about having these protein powders that it said I was to have on my eating plan.  Whilst I do like sugar, (I wouldn't be over weight if my diet didn't contribute to my weight gain in some way), but my eating in general isn't as bad as it could be.  In my household we rarely eat processed foods and a majority of my diet is fresh organic food.  We tend not to buy something that has numbers in it and virtually never foods with preservatives, additives and/or colours (I can't say never as we do eat out at restaurants so I can not say what they use).  But at home, never.  My major problem is the 100% lack of exercise, doing about 2000 steps of a recommended 10,000 steps a day.

Anyway, when I was told to have protein powder 3 times a day, I asked if I could have anything else that was more natural, I really didn't want to start taking something, that was filled with additives and unnatural things.  My trainer could not help me, she looked a little blank actually, so I told her not to worry.  When I left the gym I called my brother.  My brother is the go to guy for all things healthy.  He is the epitome of a healthy person.  Eats an all natural, organic, additive free diet, very fit, exercises regularly.  He has studied nutrition and he is just a very very healthy person.  So I asked him about protein shakes and what they were wanting me to have at the gym.   He told me about a great protein powder which I could get from my local organic supermarket and this is what I have been having for the last week and I really like it.  Well it took a little getting used to, but when I filled my blender with frozen berries and the powder, it is just like a berry smoothie and really quite delicious!


Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket


I have the Vanilla flavour as I can add different things to it.  I had the chocolate in my basket to start with but decided I may not always want chocolate flavour so changed to the vanilla.  Next time I'm actually going to get the natural flavour to try.  

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Blog Design by Mommy Monologues