PhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucket

Pages

Sep 27, 2012

Yummy Dinners

This week has had some of the yummiest dinners on the program yet.

Now don't get me wrong... There have been SO many good meals!  Printing up the recipes on 12wbt each week means that I am really creating quite a recipe book.

Two of the dinners this week have been added to the family favourites.  There was "I cant' believe it's not butter chicken" and Beef Stroganoff.

The chicken dish was a complete hit!  Our family are not big curry or spice eaters.  We rarely have indian food or hot chilli meals.  But the chicken dish used tandoori paste and it was just so delicious I had my son asking for more.  We even got to have papadums with the chicken meal.  I have only had those once before and really couldn't remember what they tasted like, but we loved those too.  My son also had rice with his and gobbled it down.


B63FD787-F65E-4F9B-B012-F4EA069AF8F9-1600-000000DA1CA36472_zpsfd8c8e8b, Uploaded from the Photobucket iPhone App
I can't believe it's not butter chicken with papadums


Then the beef stroganoff.  The serving I felt was huge!  My son again had it with rice.

Uploaded from the Photobucket iPhone App
Beef Stroganoff with pasta and green beans.


What I am loving is how quick and easy the meals on 12wbt are.  I am often too tired to make dinner so we have take away or something quick and easy.  But most of these meals have a very short prep time and a short cooking time so it makes cooking dinner after a long day really easy!

Tip:  Always serve your food in smaller bowls, or small plates.  Using large plates or bowls makes the meal look small.  In small, cereal type bowls it makes a meal look huge!

2 comments:

  1. That I-can't-believe-it's-not-butter-chicken rocked my world and I'm fussy with my Indian food, it has to be good ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. It was just SO good Vikki! Oh and a little off topic. I LOVE your blog and have to say that it has the cutest name I have ever heard!

    ReplyDelete

 
Blog Design by Mommy Monologues