PhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucket

Pages

Nov 20, 2012

12WBT Round 4, Day 2

Today I met a friend at a small local gym.  I had heard they were having an introductory special this month.  $15 for 30 days.  That includes the gym and classes.

We were just meeting there for a coffee as we heard there was a coffee shop there too.  I really wanted to check the gym out first as it is not the usual sort of gym I have been a member at.  This certainly has a lot of classes and good facilities, but it's not, I don't know, it's not all nice and sparkly.    The last gym I was a member at had lovely change rooms, pretty new, hair dryers, shampoos, big TV screens to plug your headphones into the machines to listen to, treadmills with tv's built in.   A little bit of luxury.

This gym is not like that.  It has modern equipment.  It's very clean.  But it's not in a modern premises, there is NO luxury, it's very basic, sort of a no frills gym.   But I wanted to have a look as for $15 for a month trial, it was almost too good to pass up.  I want to give it a go.  I don't know that I really need all of the luxury.  I mean, really I don't use the hair dryers.  But I did use the TV's.

When I arrived my friend was already there.  She was at the counter filling in a form.  I said Hi and was passed the form.  I said "are we joining", she said "well yes, what did we come for?"  I said "oh ok, I thought we were just checking the place out?"  She said "well for $15 we may as well join and check it out for a month!"  So I joined.

I am now a member of a gym for 30 days!  I am not sure if I will keep going there after.  The weekly price is almost the same as another gym near by, one that I have been a member of before.  I cancelled that membership because I used to have an asthma attack whenever I went.  Mainly when I was on the floor doing push-ups, sit-ups etc.  I think the carpet was not well cleaned and I am allergic to dust.  The thing that I like about my new no frills gym is there isn't any carpet.  Therefore it will be good for my asthma, no dust mites can live in a hard floor.   I was also hoping to find a gym with a pool, I really want to swim laps, but my no frills gym does not have a pool.

I know it sounds crazy, but I get so embarrassed going to the gym.  I just feel like everyone is watching me, like they are wondering why someone my size is going there.  Crazy I know as i don't think that way when I see people there.

Anyway I will keep you posted.  I have the membership, now I just have to use it!

1 comment:

  1. Definately make the most of your trial month!! I tend to be more impressed when I see a larger person working out - good on them. Anyone thinking otherwise is probably just there to look cool. Which hopefully you won't find in a no frills gym. And if they are - stuff them!!

    Hopefully you can establish a routine of workouts at the gym for when motivation may wane :)

    ReplyDelete

 
Blog Design by Mommy Monologues