PhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucket

Pages

Dec 10, 2012

Doctor Visit Update

I saw the Doctor today about my high blood pressure medication and about possibly coming off it as my blood pressure is now on the low side.

When I started this journey, just 4 months ago.  I was on 300mg a day of medication.  I was then reduced to 150mg a day and today I was put on 75mg a day.  The Doctor said that if I continue the way I am then I will be off the medication soon.  Unfortunately with blood pressure medication it is not something you can just stop, not when you have been on it for a long time as I have been.  I've been on it for about 2 years now.  So the only way to come off it is to wean off it.  So I have been reducing the dosage and have gone from 300mg a day to 75mg a day.  I am to stay on that for a few weeks, maybe a month and see how my blood pressure is, to make sure it's stable,  then reduce to 75mg every second day.    I am not sure what  happens after every second day.  Maybe be off it all together then.

Anyway it's an exciting day!  It's a real step in a positive direction and it shows that the changes I have made in my life so far thanks to Michelle Bridges 12 Week Body Transformation are improving my health.

The only downside to the Doctor visit was the unpleasant man sitting opposite me in the waiting room. He was coughing and not covering his mouth, spreading his germs everywhere.  But the final straw was when he sneezed... a huge sneeze.... and he again did not cover his mouth so the two ladies who I was sitting beside along with myself were sprayed with his vulgar germs.  It was absolutely disgusting and I almost threw up.  Bad enough being exposed to germs but to have someone actually sneeze on you, not cover their mouth, was just an all time low.

4 comments:

  1. Sounds like you've made a lot of progress. Keep up the good work! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Monnie! Came across your blog on Top Mommy Blogs. Congrats on the good bloog pressure news. And it drives me CRAY CRAY when people don't cover their mouth! Yuck!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congrats! I've been working to get off my high cholesterol medication so this gives me hope!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Tell me about it! This is why I hate public transport! >:(

    ReplyDelete

 
Blog Design by Mommy Monologues