PhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucket

Pages

Dec 3, 2013

Gluten Free - Day One


Today has been our first day 100% gluten-free.  I have been putting it off and putting it off.  I have been slowly converting everything in my pantry and refrigerator to a gluten-free product.  Thing's like flours, cereals, snacks, sauces.  I have been doing this for two weeks.
Two weeks ago I made the decision that my young teenage son and I would become gluten-free.  I gave myself a week, then it was another week and was going to start Monday.  But Monday came and it didn't happen.  We had a sandwich for lunch that was not on a gluten-free roll.   My son had a terrible upset stomach last night, he was up half the night.  It was then that I thought to myself, as I lay there listening to him getting up again to go to the toilet at 2am, that enough was enough!  If cutting out gluten can help him with this then that is what we will be doing.
So when we finally got to sleep and awoke in the morning and it started.  My son had a breakfast cereal that he loved from before.  It was not one he had all the time.  I always bought him Wheat Bix, yes, pure wheat!  This morning he had Freedom Maple Crunch, so this will be his new go to cereal for breakfast.  I had a protein shake, just from a bottle I'm ashamed to say.  It is one by a reasonably new brand called Kate Farms.  I had the Cocoa Fudge flavour.  So yummy.  It's gluten-free, soy free, dairy free among other things.
I made a risotto for dinner, chicken and mushroom.  No additives, no gluten, no dairy.  I made it in my new best friend... My Thermomix!
I must say that I don't feel any different after the first day and neither does my son.  But it's only day one.  You can't expect miracles in one day after years and years of build up.
Tomorrow will be a challenge, we are off to a theme park with friends.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Blog Design by Mommy Monologues